Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Reply with Your Current Location on Apple Watch

So my daughter sends me a text message:

I was describing a dream I had....

I wanted to send my location as part of the reply.  So here's what to do:

1)  Do a "long press" (press and hold the watch face for 2 or more seconds).  
Apple Watch Reply Options
2) Tap "Send Location". Apple Watch then sends your location.
Apple Watch Calculating Location
3) The recipient receives a map pinpointing your current location.
Location Delivered as Text Message
Note:  If Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, you'll see the following message on the Apple Watch face.

A quick visit to Settings -> Privacy on the iPhone will fix that. 
Apple iPhone Location Services Setting
Make sure Location Services setting is 'On".

Sweet!


No comments: